Senior Professional Officer – CIDS Establishment job, Cape Town
Land use planning and environment. Urban regeneration. City Improvement Districts (CIDS)
Senior Executive: CIDS Establishment
Tcoe salary from R870,029 per year. Per year. Reference No.: EPS 18/22
- Relevant B diploma
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in project management, urban management, land use planning
- Experience preparing and analyzing large databases
- Thorough knowledge of the Municipality Property Rates Act and the City’s rate policy
- Computer skills (especially in the MS Office suite)
- A valid driving license Code EB (08)
- Good verbal and written communication skills, as ongoing interaction with communities on a technical level is essential
- Must be willing to travel locally to attend meetings at any time
- Must be prepared to speak to communities in any field.
Key performance areas:
- Responsible for guiding, coordinating and advising the applicant through a legally compliant establishment process that culminates in a five-year business plan aligned with the IDP to provide additional municipal services
- Ensure that all legislative requirements are met after the Board approves the establishment of the CID to ensure good governance and service delivery.
- Ensure that the boundary extension process is consistent with the legislative framework.
- Review CID Bylaws and/or Incorporation Policy and Protocol to align with changes in legislation including the Constitution, Municipal Financial Management Act, Municipal Land Rates Act, and Act on Municipal Systems, Companies Act and other applicable legislation and that templates, forms and standard operating procedures are reviewed regularly
- Maintain the CID real estate databases to ensure accurate invoicing of owners and accurate financial modeling for the calculation of the various additional CID rates. This ensures that owners contribute fairly as they fund the CID budget in proportion to the value of their properties.
- Review a database of properties for each community that approaches the City to pursue the establishment of a CID, to ensure maximum community participation, accurate arrears profiling and financial modeling
- Ensure that CID related issues are properly conveyed and understood in internal and external meetings due to the complex legislative framework to facilitate better service delivery
- Manage, develop and train staff within the CID Settlement Section
- Ensure that the administration of the Section is carried out effectively and efficiently to ensure optimal service delivery.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external candidates) or through the SAP portal (internal candidates), unless otherwise specified.
By submitting your application for a position with the City of Cape Town, you consent that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purpose of the recruitment and selection process..
Deadline: April 8, 2022
- Please quote the vacancy reference number in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications should be available upon request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Please note that nominations will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at www.capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late application will be considered.
- If no nomination notification is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
Posted on March 28 12:26, Closing date April 8