How To Search A Word In Google Docs 2022 Tip
This tutorial is about looking up a word in Google Docs. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to search for a word in Google Docs. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to search for a word in Google Docs
In a great literary work, finding a certain word, phrase or phrase is a difficult task. For example, as someone who doesn’t use Apple devices often, I often forget that Mac keyboards don’t have a Control key and end up typing “Control” when I should be typing “Command”. I’ll end up writing an entire article on Google Docs, only to realize at the last minute that Macs use command keys instead of control keys. Knowing how and where to search Google Docs using Find and Replace is very helpful in cases like this.
How to Search Google Docs on Computer
- Open Google Doc on your computer.
- Click on the word “Edit” in the taskbar, then select “Find and Replace”.
- Then, in the pop-up window, you can type in the word(s) you want to search for, using the “Next” button as needed.
- If you want, type a word or term to replace a selected instance, then tap “Replace”, or you can “Replace All”.
- On a Mac, the search and replace shortcut is Command+Shift+H. On a PC, it’s CTRL+H.
- To find a term you don’t plan to replace, perform a simpler search using Command+F on a Mac and CTRL+F on a PC.
How to Search Google Docs on an iPhone
- Open Google Doc through the mobile app.
- Tap the three horizontal dots in the upper right corner.
- In the menu that appears, press “Find and replace”.
- Type the word(s) you want to search for in the text bar at the top of the screen, then tap “Search” at the bottom.
- If desired, enter a word or term to replace the selected copy, then press “Replace” for a single replacement or “All” to swap each instance.
How to Search Google Docs on an Android Device
- Open the Google document.
- Touch the three vertical dots.
- Then tap “Find and Replace”.
- Enter the word or phrase, then tap the magnifying glass icon to search.
- You can now choose “Replace” or “Replace All”.
Last words: how to search for a word in Google Docs
Hope you understand this article How to search for a word in Google Docs, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.