**A photo of the seized firearm is available on the NSW Police social media pages**
A man has been charged with firearms and drug offenses following a search in Sydney’s CBD.
At approximately 1.20pm yesterday (Monday 18th July 2022), officers from the Organized Crime Squad, with the assistance of detectives from Sydney City Police Area Command, arrested a man after leaving an authorized premises on George Street.
Investigators searched the man and reportedly located a loaded Glock 19 pistol with an underbarrel laser sight in the waistband of his pants.
Another search of the man located what police allege to be approximately 3.3 grams of heroin, 6.6 grams of methylamphetamine and $2,100 in cash.
The man was taken to Day Street Police Station and charged with eight offences, including:
- possession of an unregistered pistol in a public place,
- possession of a loaded firearm in a public place,
- possession of an unregistered firearm,
- possession of an unauthorized pistol,
- three counts of supplying a prohibited drug and possessing a prohibited drug.
The man was denied bail and will appear in Downing Center Local Court later today (Tuesday July 19, 2022).